Sunday 14 September 2014

My Top 10 Albums of 2012

SubjectMy Top 10 Albums of 2012
DateCreated1/1/2013 1:20:00 PM
PostedDate1/7/2013 4:03:00 AM
Body
OK, other people seem to be doing these so here are my top ten albums of 2012.
In NO particular order. Probably.

Lilygun - 'Lilygun'
ZZ Top - 'La Futura'
JD & The FDCs - 'Recognise'
The Cult - 'Choice Of Weapon'
The Bermondsey Joyriders - 'Noise And Revolution'
Van Halen - 'A Different Kind Of Truth'
Ginger - '555%'
Europe - 'Bag Of Bones'
Zen Motel - 'We Want Your Blood'
Kiss - 'Monster'
Rival Sons - 'Head Down'
The Darkness - 'Hot Cakes'
Leslie West - 'Unusual Suspects'
Black Stone Cherry - 'Between The Devil & The Deep Blue Sea'

Yes, I know. I'm shit at maths. 

Quite a good year for albums I thought. It's ironic that The Cult's Ian Astbury two or three years ago said that he considered the 'album' as a format to be dead.
He said The Cult wouldn't be making any more full albums. Ahem. I thought 'Choice Of Weapon' was a pretty good comeback.
Van Halen and ZZ Top also both put out surprisingly good comeback albums in 2012, while Europe went one better by putting out a pretty decent follow up to their recent comeback album - although I thought the comeback one was a little stronger.

JD & The FDCs and Lilygun both put out strong debut albums - showing much promise for the future.
It was good to see Zen Motel back too.
Ginger has had remarkable success in 2012 with his award winning PledgeMusic album '555%' - showing what can now be achieved without even being signed. The industry continues to change, and those that don't change with it will go the same way as the dinosaurs...

I've been lucky enough to see around half of the above bands/artists live over the last year - some of them several times - go back and read my previous blogs to find out more.

Thanks for the music everybody - without it my year would have been a lot more dull and would have had a lot less meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment