Monday 15 September 2014

11/7/2013 Jonny Cola & The A-Grades @ The Priscillas @ Buffalo Bar

Thursday Nights are the new 'Friday Nights'? Dunno about that, but I've never been one for staying in just because it's a 'School Night' - what does that even mean anyway? I think it's only £4 on the door to see two bands - a bargain in anybody's money! Unlike the drinks in the venue - so I spend the evening flitting back and forth between the adjacent Wetherspoons. I'm gonna to have to start digging a tunnel between that place and Buffalo Bar.

So what drags me out on a Thursday night anyway? A rare appearance on their home turf for The Priscillas, but first on are Jonny Cola & The A-Grades.
This lot of Indie/punk/popsters have been getting better and better over the past couple of years and always draw a crowd when they play here. They are a harder rocking unit these days and are on the verge of releasing their debut album 'Spitfire'.

The Priscillas have been around a little longer with various lineups. Now with a newish drummer they are back to being an all girl band again.
This band are more out and out punk and rock 'n' roll than the A-Grades, and have an excellent frontgal in the form of Jen and her real New York accent. She is definitely a force to be reckoned with.
Always fun, this band are really in their element tonight - playing in a local sweaty club on their home ground. After all - one of their best songs is called 'All The Way To Holloway'.
Yes, I know my pictures are shit quality. They were taken on my old phone - it works great outdoors or in good light but it's not much use at gigs. I dropped and broke my camera at this venue a few weeks ago and it was getting harder and harder to use at each gig - then after the last one I had so much trouble downloading my pictures from it (I had to put my camera in the freezer overnight) that I've now given up on it completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment