Sunday 7 September 2014

26/9/2012 Bleech @ The Barfly

SubjectBleech @ The Barfly
DateCreated9/28/2012 3:02:00 PM

Wednesday night. A fairly 'spur of the moment' decision to go out. As has become customary I find myself in the BrewDog pub - fortunately it's a lot emptier than on my last visit. After trying their three strongest beers it's off to The Barfly - where I won't be patronising the overpriced and underquality bar.

I've seen Bleech once or twice before but it must be at least a couple if years ago - I think the last time was up the road at The Enterprise.

The band were more raw and grungy when I saw them in the past, but there is definitely a more polished edge to them now - particularly in the vocal department.

Bleech manage to get a lot of people into The Barfly on a Wednesday night - not quite sold out I'd say but pretty full. The crowd are rewarded with a strong set lasting nearly an hour - much better value than many bands give in London clubs.

This band still sound fairly raw as they are only a three piece - no keyboards or other backing, just guitar, bass, and drums. The songs are sounding more tuneful these days, but this is no 'pop' act - Bleech are rocking and real. They are also managing to build a following and I think they will soon be playing in larger venues.

No comments:

Post a Comment