Sunday 26 January 2014

5/5/2006 JOANovARC @ The Garage

SubjectJOANovARC @ The Garage
PostedDate5/4/2006 6:13:00 PM

I arrive at The Garage as Winterville are playing - I remember seeing them a year or so ago in St Albans (also with JOANovARC) and they impressed me then. They are very retro and seem rather 'Led Zep' - not that that's a bad thing at all, but I wonder if the market is already saturated with bands like this and The Answer. All very good at what they do, but I think the bandwagon is already rolling out of town...

JOANovARC also have a strong retro vibe about them, but their quality songwriting, versatility, and the sheer passion with which they play mark them out from the rest - I think this is the second time they have headlined at The Garage (downstairs as well as a couple of upstairs shows) and their reputation and fanbase are steadily building. I've lost count of the number of times I've seen this band now, but these three girls are always adding new songs and changing the set around so I never get the slightest bit bored - their performances are riveting! This band have true class.

No comments:

Post a Comment