Sunday 26 January 2014

25/5/2006 Therapy? @ Islington Academy

SubjectTherapy? @ Islington Academy
PostedDate5/25/2006 5:20:00 AM

Nearly forgot about this one, but fotunately Miles and Naomi reminded me when I met them at the Purple Turtle earlier this week. I got there late and just arrived as Therapy? started their set. I haven't got the new album yet so didn't really know the new songs apart from the ones I'd heard Diamond Dave playing on his show on TotalRock

Due to being badly organised and arriving late (I think I need a manager or something) I didn't have the chance to meet up with my friends before the gig, although I knew Naomi and Miles would be there - and prob a few other people I know. Trouble is, by the time I got there it was packed and too late to find any friendly faces in the crowd - my own fault. So I resigned myself to just making the most of enjoying the gig on my own. Then I bumped into Naomi, who led me to where Miles was at the bar - only a few feet away from where I'd spent the last few minutes at the bar! It soon changed from being a gig I'd been looking forward to but wasn't particularly enjoying, to a really fun night!  I also spotted the legend that is Diamond Dave a few feet in front of us so had to say hello. Then after being encouraged to drink an hours worth of booze in a few minutes I ended up up the moshpit... Soon I found myself at the front with a girl (who shall remain nameless but some of you know her) on my shoulders as she showed her tits to the band. Security were less than pleased by this - not the tits but the fact that I was carrying someone on my shoulders. I had to move back out of reach of the security guy at the barrier who was trying to grab me, but after a couple of minutes one of his mates headed out it the crowd to put a stop to the fun so I had to put ******** back on the floor before we got thrown out! Found myself next to Vikki the ex-AntiProduct merch girl while all this was going on - haven't seen her for ages as she is now doing DJ stuff - I remember seeing her stage diving at a the Therapy? gig at Ocean in Hackney several years ago.

I ended up having a great time even though it didn't look like I was going to earlier on. After the show ended I met friends Mike C. and Waynster which was excellent!  Oh, and Happy Birthday to Diamond Dave and thanks for the drink! I had loads more fun than I was expecting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment