Friday 24 January 2014

28/1/2006 Girls On Top @ the 12 Bar Club

SubjectGirls On Top @ the 12 Bar Club
DateCreated2/1/2006 1:09:00 PM
PostedDate1/28/2006 12:31:00 PM

I ended my latest gig frenzy (gigs four nights in a row) by going to to London Callin' at the 12 Bar Club to see Girls On Top - a good night.  I wanted to get there early enough to see all the bands, but as I didn't leave the Ginger aftershow until six in the morning and didn't get up til four in the afternoon I had stuff to catch up on before I could go out...


I arrived in time to catch the last three bands. Death Valley Surfers and Astro Zombies were both really good punkabilly type bands and played very good sets - I'll be looking out for them again. 

I was hoping to catch the last tube home - which meant leaving the club around midnight. However, Girls On Top didn't take to the stage until after two in the morning. However, they were worth staying for as they turned in their usual entertaining show - and I got a lift halfway home and a night bus arrived immediately to take me the rest of the way so I got home quite quickly in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment