Sunday 26 January 2014

20/5/2006 Local pub rock

SubjectLocal pub rock
PostedDate5/19/2006 3:31:00 AM

Saw local (I think) cover band WOT at the Bell & Buck. Good musicians playing boring middle of the road music and not seeming like their hearts were really in it for much of the time. A few songs left me thinking my lot could have played them more convincingly. The band were better than last time I saw them - not so much messing about between songs, but their choice of material was very dull. They used to be much better when they played more ROCK stuff and performed like they actually enjoyed the songs they were playing, rather than just going through the motions. It used to be only £2 to see them play better at the much missed Duke Of Lancaster, and free to see them more recently at the nearby Cat & Lantern. I don't think it's really worth paying £5 to see a lacklustre performance like this in a local pub, and judging by the poor turnout and lack of interest shown by most of those present I suspect I am not alone in thinking that...

Still, the beer was nice and the place was open til late so it wasn't a wasted evening. 
PS: This pub is now closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment