Thursday 23 January 2014

29/12/2005 One drink too many...

SubjectOne too many...
DateCreated12/30/2005 4:33:00 PM
PostedDate12/29/2005 4:00:00 PM

I was already well oiled when I got back from the Dead Monroe gig, but as it wasn't that late I grabbed some cheese out of the fridge, and sat down in front of my PC to catch up on stuff on the net. I poured myself a (not so) wee dram as a nightcap. A very large Drambuie was probably not the wisest thing to wash down the cheese and all those pints I'd had in the pub, but I was out like a light as soon as I hit the sack...
 Not surprisingly, I woke up in the middle of the night bursting for a piss.  This wouldn't have been a major problem, only someone appeared to have moved the bedroom door while I was asleep. To confuse my alcohol befuddled brain even more they had also moved the light switch! It must have taken me a good two minutes to escape from my own bedroom - I nearly didn't make it.  When I woke up late this morning I saw I'd knocked a load of things over in my desperate struggle to reach the toilet. I'd nearly knocked my favourite guitar off it's stand - and the wardrobe door was open. In the darkness I must have been trying to get to the toilet though the wardrobe door! 
Well that nearly ended in disaster! The moral obviously being 'Don't drink too much'. Of course I'm much better now....

No comments:

Post a Comment