Sunday 23 February 2014

7/6/2007 Fables Last Stand back at Lark In The Park

SubjectFables Last Stand back at Lark In The Park
PostedDate6/7/2007

After making a good impression at Lark In The Park recently Fables Last Stand are back at this venue again. There are more people here this time - familiar faces from London's underground rock 'n' roll crowd are starting to appear at the band's shows.

I leave my camera at home for once and try out my new camera-phone instead.
Not such a good idea as apart from the quality not being as good, after a few pictures it refuses to take any more. 
Plus, not having used it before - I didn't realise it was by default on the lowest quality setting.

I thought it wouldn't save any more pictures because there was something wrong with the memory card - but it occurred to me later that maybe the card was now full as I'd put a load of Mötley Crüe songs on it to get me ready for next week's gig...
Still, it wasn't such a bad thing as it meant I spent most of the band's set watching and listening much more than usual as I wasn't trying to take pictures for once! Maybe as a result of me paying more attention to the band's performance they seemed more powerful at this show. It was all good though, and some dancing rock chicks  added to the atmosphere.  I have to say that although this was a pub gig by an almost unknown band, I actually enjoyed my night out more than I enjoyed Velvet Revolver's show at Hammersmith Odeon earlier this week. I have no idea how much the Lark In The Park house PA cost, but the bands in this pub tonight sounded much  better than Velvet Revolver sounded through a PA that probably cost over 20 times as much.

Final band of the night was Crimson Tears - a female fronted prog rock band that sounded not a million miles from Nightwish. They were all good musicians, but they didn't really manage to hold my attention for long. Apparently their keyboard player left recently, which was the reason  parts of their performance were recorded on DAT or something - the result of which sounded a little like prog-rock karaoke to me. However, things got better as their set went on - they got harder and heavier and started to sound a bit NWOBHM towards the end!
This nice little venue has now shut...

No comments:

Post a Comment