Sunday 23 February 2014

20/6/2007 Feetgazer @ the Purple Turtle

SubjectFeetgazer @ the Purple Turtle
PostedDate6/20/2007

Another trip down to the Purple Turtle - almost my home from home these days with it's friendly and efficient staff - even the security are friendly! It's certainly one of my favourite venues these days.

Absent Kid were playing when I arrived. Rather forgettable generic indie pop I thought, but OK at what they do, and some people like that sort of thing.

Feetgazer were on next - as I've covered them in a couple of previous blogs I'm not going to repeat myself. Suffice to say - it's all about the songs.
This band continue to get better every time I see them. It makes a nice change to go and see a band who aren't trying to out-sleaze/heavy/glam,ect all the other bands doing the same thing - 'cos they all end up looking and sounding the same. It's a refreshing change to see a band who just want to play some good songs and have some fun doing it.
Nice to see a frontman who just concentrates on being his natural self without having to constantly shock people and be 'outrageous' - Richie lets the music do the talking, but presents it in an engaging and sincere manner - helped out by the UK's most in demmand bass player Laney74 having a break from his main band before they launch themselves back into action this summer. I decided to travel light and leave my camera at home, so the pictures were taken on my new camera phone and are of somewhat inferior quality  - dunno what went wrong with it on this one: 

Last band was Livingston. Another indie/pop band, but they were very good. The singer kept messing about with an effects pod attached to his mic stand though - I thought that was a waste of time as it seemed to make next to no difference to the sound of his voice and he'd have been better off just concentrating on his performance and communicating with his audience - he could learn a thing or two from the singer in the previous band... That said, this guy was an excellent singer and the band performed well.

No comments:

Post a Comment