Saturday 18 January 2014

My old Blog posts on MySpace...

So I have finally managed to get all my old Blog posts back from MySpace where they used to live. See my first post on here for more about this. MySpace haven't seen fit to reinstate the Blog feature so I had to download all my old posts direct from MySpace to my PC, but at least they are now in my possession to do with as I wish. But what to do with them now? There are even more of them than I thought - 951 in all! I really posted that many? They go back to 2005 - which is further than I realised. My last eight years of gig going and other bits and pieces... There aren't any pictures in the earliest ones, but I've had a look at some of the later ones and the links still seem to work (the ones that still exist on the web) while the pictures still display as well. So now what? I'm not sure I can face up to posting well over nine hundred individual posts on here! Should I edit any of them? There are probably a few less interesting ones I could leave out. And of course although they are all dated it would bugger up the existing chronology on here regarding my recent posts. Probably no one gives a shit about all that old stuff anyway so maybe I won't bother...

PS: I have finally re-posted all my old MySpace blogs on here - dated 16/7/2005 to 5/5/2013. Everything is now in correct date order from 2005 to date...

1 comment:

  1. Update: I've started uploading my old MySpace blogs to here. They start from July 2005. As there are over nine hundred of them I'm not going to do much in the way of editing them. There is some dodgy formatting and some of the links no longer work. I've fixed one or two things but I editing will be minimal. Live with it. The early blogs have no pictures as I didn't have a camera that would fit in my pocket back then. Pictures should appear in the later posts but I'm only up to March 2006 so far...

    ReplyDelete