Friday 23 May 2014

26/7/2008 - Part 2. Love & a .45 @ The 12 Bar Club

Subject26th July, Part 2: Love & a .45 @ The 12 Bar Club
PostedDate7/26/2008

...so I arrive at the 12 Bar Club after another gig (for the second night running) - deja-vu is starting to become a way of life. Tonight I am in the intimate confines of this friendly Denmark Street venue to see Norf Lundon's premier pop/punkers Love and a .45.

This band have certainly improved since I first saw them supporting Vice Squad a couple of years ago - and they weren't bad then.

Fronted by the very lively Kate Moritz, this band are hard to ignore and seem to land themselves some good support slots.

They have some decent songs of their own, but a highlight of tonight's set for me is when they cover the Heartbreakers/Ramones classic 'Chinese Rocks' - a song I played with my band a couple of years ago on that same tiny stage. Very poor quality pictures from my phone at this gig - just pretend it's 'art' or something and they are like that on purpose to give 'atmosphere'...

Not content with going to two gigs in one night (again) I then headed off to Big Red in Holloway Road for more beer and wee hours shenanigins - of which you will not be seeing pictures... 

No comments:

Post a Comment