Saturday 24 May 2014

27/5/2008 Queen Adreena @ The Luminaire

SubjectQueen Adreena @ The Luminaire
PostedDate5/27/2008

I'm a bit late (like several months!) posting this one. It slipped through the net as I didn't take any pictures, which is how I sort out the blogs I've yet to write - by looking at the picture folders listed in date order on my computer. No pictures from a gig tends to mean I forget to write about it later...

I arrived at the Luminaire just before Queen Adreena took to the stage. The band don't play that often in London these days, and this is a pretty small venue for them to play - they usually tend to headline at venues like the LA2, ULU, or ICA. Therefore, although this gig didn't get much promotion this intimate Kilburn venue was packed - even more so than their Dublin Castle show a couple of years ago. Due to my late arrival I didn't get a chance to get a good place near the front, and unless you get close to the front at this venue when it's full you will see very little. So very little is exactly what I saw of Queen Adreena on this occasion, although they sounded pretty good. Fortunately, the lovely Katie Jane's usual use of a chair as a stage prop did give more of a view of her at times - one point maybe slightly more than she intended.  Her performance was enchanting, and although she never speaks to the audience between songs she still managed to communicate in her own special way that she was very happy with the crowd's appreciation at the end.

Due to the packed venue and poor view I didn't bother taking any pictures, but someone else has posted some pictures from the show on the band's forum here.
PS: This venue has now closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment