Saturday 24 May 2014

29/8/2008 The Bad Breed @ Bloomsbury Bowling Lanes

SubjectThe Bad Breed @ Bloomsbury Bowling Lanes
PostedDate8/29/2008

I'm back at one of London's coolest venues and enjoying the retro vibe at Bloomsbury Bowling Lanes It's one of the few venues I actually look forward to going to, as opposed to just visiting because a band I like is playing there. However, there is a band I like playing here tonight, so it's all good! 

The band in question is The Bad Breed - an act who are particularly suited to the 1950's vibe at this venue. Both their look and their sound hark back to the golden age of rock 'n' roll. 

Sorry - only phone camera pics for this one as some rare warm summer weather meant I left my jacket at home and didn't have enough pockets for extra things like cameras in my jeans.

There was a good crowd in for this Friday night, and although I think very few of them came to see the band they seemed to be into the 1950's feel of the place and appeciated the similar vibe the band were giving out. The Bad Breed went down really well with the crowd and got quite a few people dancing.

The band have a new bass player since I saw them recently at Bardens Boudoir - the stand-up double bass replaced with a 1960's style Burns electric. The new guy is pretty good and fits in well as he has a good vintage sound. 

Bloomsbury Bowling Lanes is a nice place for a good night out as it's cheap to get in, has a cool vibe, an interesting selection of beers - even though there are no real ales. It's a good place to go for a complete night as the DJs are good as well as the bands, there is the bowling (if you are into that) and you can get decent food there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment