Tuesday 6 May 2014

15/5/2008 The Cut Outs @ SIN

SubjectThe Cut Outs @ SIN
PostedDate5/15/2008

Bit of an odd one this, as they don't often have bands I want to see playing at SIN, and also it's an aftershow party rather than a normal gig. So I rush down to the club expecting the band to be on at 9.00. At 9.10 I'm still waiting outside and the doors haven't even opened.  However, it's not long after before they start letting in the few people waiting outside. After a fashion I find which of the various rooms in the club the band are actually playing in. The aftershow is for Ladytron so it's not really the normal 'rock' crowd I mix with. By 9.30 or so I've spoken to some band members and been told they are about to go on. By the time The Cut Outs hit the stage a few minutes later the place has filled up a bit.

It's not that full, but not bad for a midweek club night I guess. Obviously most of those present are Ladytron fans, but the Cut Outs have brought along some hardcore fans as well.

The girls turn in their usual polished and lively performance - I'm sure they won over some new fans.

The Cut Outs infectious and energetic set is over all too soon and I nip off round the corner for another more reasonably priced Newcastle Brown at the Intrepid Fox before heading home at a much earlier hour than usual - I was out late at a gig last night and have other ones planned for tomorrow and the following night so... 
PS: This venue has since been demolished to make way for London's 'Crossrail' project. The Intrepid Fox at nearby St Giles High St shut in April 2014, but has since moved to the Archway Tavern at the top end of Holloway Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment