Friday 16 May 2014

4/7/2008 JOANovARC @ Tommy Flynn's

SubjectJOANovARC @ Tommy Flynn’s
PostedDate7/4/2008

I was looking forward to seeing the terrific JOANovARC at this very intimate Camden venue, so I took the precaution of finding out beforehand what time the band would be on stage to make sure I could get there in time. However, when I arrived at Tommy Flynn's around the appointed hour the band were just about to start their last song! 

The bloody promoters in their wisdom had decided to put them on earlier than planned! I was not best pleased... What little I saw of the band's set was excellent as usual, but unfortunately I missed them playing some new songs from their forthcoming EP. New rhythm guitarist Luita seems to be fitting in well and is looking more relaxed and confident with every gig. Sorry for the poor quality phone pictures - as the weather was actually warm for a change I left my jacket (with it's pockets for cameras and the like) at home. Fortunately the band seem to be gigging more regularly again now so hopefully I'll get another chance to see them fairly soon.

Look - it's still light outside - I told you they went on early!
PS: This venue later became 'The Wheelbarrow'.

No comments:

Post a Comment