Monday 14 July 2014

5/8/2014 Shush @ the 12 Bar Club

SubjectShush @ the 12 Bar Club
PostedDate8/5/2009

After recovering from Sonisphere it's off to a midweek gig at the intimate 12 Bar Club. London is experiencing a rare bit of warm summer weather so I leave my jacket and camera at home and you'll have to make do with pictures from my phone. I'm down in the West End to see Shush. I think this is their third different drummer in as many gigs - but this one might actually be a new member as opposed to a stand-in like Jake from TAT or ex-AntiProduct sticksman Simon Gonk who have helped out at other recent shows.

Shush are excellent as usual, and enjoy playing to quite a full room - their cover of Blondie's 'Call Me' goes down particularly well tonight.

Unfortunately I can't remember much else about the night - not because I'd drunk too much beer, but simply because I'm trying to write this over three months after the actual gig...

No comments:

Post a Comment