Sunday 13 July 2014

24/7/2009 Skintight Jaguars @ The Purple Turtle

SubjectSkintight Jaguars @ The Purple Turtle
PostedDate7/24/2009

A cheap night out at the Purple Turtle - three bands for a fiver! I managed to miss the first one, but I arrived in time for Skintight Jaguars.

They seem to be settling down into their new slimmed down 3 piece lineup, and to be honest don't sound much different to when there were four of them.

I think I detect a more considered approach to songwriting with their new songs, but all the old in your face attitude and energy is still there.

The last band are new to me. They look like some sort of boring indie band, but actually the sound they make is pretty good and they seem to have some decent songs too.

If only I could remember their name! It's difficult being able to remember much about gigs when trying to write about them five weeks after they actually happened (also bearing in mind that I'll have had a few beers on the night) but I've got a lot on my plate at the moment and it's difficult to find time to write these things at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment