Sunday 20 July 2014

1/12/2009 Stereo Juggernaut @ the Purple Turtle

SubjectStereo Juggernaut @ the Purple Turtle
PostedDate12/1/2009

Stereo Juggernaut take it up a step tonight with a gig at the Purple Turtle.

It's good to see them on a bigger stage with better lighting. They sound good as well. I'm running out of things to say about this band as I've seen them a few times recently and I don't like repeating myself - that's one reason I put links in my blogs - so you can go to their page and have a listen for yourself. 

It's a bit of an odd night, with nothing much happening for over an hour after Stereo Juggernaut finish before some Goth sort of band comes on to play to about five people - at which point I take my leave.  I'll usually stay and watch the other bands if there's something I can enjoy drinking as well. However, there's no Newcastle Brown at this venue again - the Purple Turtle isn't what it was a couple of years ago, although they have made some improvments regarding the stage and dressing room. Could do better - especially now they have more competition from The Gaff and the newly re-opened Garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment