Tuesday 29 July 2014

30/3/2010 Therapy? @ the Water Rats

SubjectTherapy? @ the Water Rats
PostedDate3/30/2010

This one was going to be a bit special! Therapy? are playing 3 nights at the Water Rats! A band like this playing such a tiny venue is a rare thing indeed, and I considered myself very lucky to get a ticket. The band are using the three consecutive nights to showcase different stages of their career. I picked the middle one in the hope of hearing some stuff from their very under-rated 'Shameless' album. That turned out to be a mistake as the only song from that album played over the three nights was 'Gimme Back My Brain' - the previous night! I wrongly thought things would be in consecutive order over the 3 nights - proved wrong when they opened tonight's set with 'Screamager'. Oh well.

I arrived at this intimate venue to find TV screens in the front bar showing the performance in the back, and the back absolutely rammed! After a few minutes I decided I'd get a better (and more comfortable) view by watching the show on the screen in the bar - where the sound quality was just as good if not better! The sets over the three nights are all recorded for a live album which will be out later this year. The band played well and the atmosphere was intense - as was the heat in the back room! It wasn't the best Therapy? gig I've ever been to, but nothing could beat seeing them at the old Barly at the Falcon in Camden when they played a secret gig supporting Groop Dogdrill!

No comments:

Post a Comment