Tuesday 29 July 2014

23/4/2010 Men & Gods @ Brixton Jamm

SubjectMen & Gods @ Brixton Jamm
PostedDate4/23/2010

I'm heading a bit further afield tonight - south of the river even! Brixton Jamm is a new venue to me and I'm not expecting much. However, I find myself pleasantly when I find it's not as bad as I feared. Not to hard to get too as it's probably less than ten minutes walk from Brixton tube - although the train journey takes ages from the other side of London. It doesn't seem to be a venue that often hosts 'rock' acts, but it turns out to be a much more suitable venue than I expected - apart from having an attendant in the toilet. I hate that! The bar is not as bad as I expected either - beer is on tap so you can have a pint rather than those stupid little overpriced bottles of yellow piss I was expecting. No real ale or Newcastle Brown though...

For a venue that doesn't usually have rock acts the sound is surprisingly good.

Men & Gods play a much longer set than usual, and it's good to see them stretch out and relax more than usual.

The place is fairly full and it's nice to see the band playing to so many people.

I don't think many of the crowd have any idea who Men & Gods are, but they seem to really enjoy what they see and hear! Towards the end of the set Marc is told they have time for two more songs - the guy in charge obviously doesn't realise that when Men & Gods launch into just one song it can often be ten minutes before it's over! The audience certainly aren't complaining though and the band's set goes down really well.

This gig turned out much better than I was expecting - the venue, crowd, and atmosphere all being surprisingly good. It was worth the long journey on the tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment