Saturday 12 July 2014

3/7/2009 Imperial Vipers @ The Purple Turtle

SubjectImperial Vipers @ The Purple Turtle
PostedDate7/3/2009

Friday night in Camden and I roll up to see Imperial Vipers and a bunch of other bands
(none of much interest) at the Purple Turtle.

The Vipers turn in a good performance as usual, but the sound mix is a bit shit.

As it was a warm summer night (for once) I left my jacket at home and
travelled light - so no camera. Therefore you'll have to make do with pictures
from my phone and quality as poor as the sound mix! As is often the case at
this venue, we were treated to the sight of a guitarist treating the bar as an
extension to the stage - always a popular move with the crowd!
 
This was a Red Rocks charity show and there was quite a decent turnout, with plenty
of the usual suspects in evidence.

It was quite a good night in spite of the other bands being less than memorable.
Actually, as I write this nearly five weeks later I can't remember anything about any of
them - nothing to do with all the beer I drank I'm sure! But I apparently didn't think
any of them worthy of a picture at the time so...

No comments:

Post a Comment