Thursday 31 July 2014

13/5/2010 - Part 1. The Cut Outs @ the Water Rats

SubjectThe Cut Outs @ the Water Rats
PostedDate5/13/2010

I'm off to a couple of gigs in one night again. First I'm going to the Water Rats to see the Cut Outs.

I haven't seen them for about a year now and I was thinking they had split up. Actually, their drummer had left and gone back to Scotland - but they have finally found a new drummer and now they are back.

The chemistry of the band has changed as they now have a male drummer - he seems pretty good though. As well as a new drummer, the band also have a load of new songs.

The interplay between Stevie and Jess on vocals is still there, and this is one of the things that makes this very lively band stand out.

Some of the songs might be new, but the style of music is much the same - catchy bouncy pop/rock songs with a slight punk edge along with some harder rock influences. If you liked this band before then I'm sure you'll still like them now. 

The band went on later than expected, so I have to rush off to Camden as soon as they finish if I want to make my second gig of the night...

No comments:

Post a Comment