Tuesday 15 July 2014

23/9/2009 Cherry Brakewells @ The Proud Gallery

SubjectCherry Brakewells @ The Proud Gallery
PostedDate9/23/2009

The Proud Gallery is one of my least favourite venues - so much so that I tend to avoid it even when bands I would normally go and see at other venues are playing there.

However, those tasty Cherry Brakewells have managed to tempt me out on this occasion with their heavy duty funk and soul based rock.

That said, I refuse to be ripped off (£5 for a bottle of that trendy pear cider) and don't spend any money at the bar.

Even without having a drink these girls make the trip worthwhile. Maybe I should have just driven down for a change instead of jumping on the tube - I'd have got home in half the time and in much greater comfort.

This is an odd venue, and in my opinion not very suitable for live bands although I guess it wouldn't be bad as a club venue - and of course clubbers are used to outrageous drinks prices!

One thing I have noticed about this venue (apart from that it seems to have changed every time I visit) is that most bands seem to play here once and not return. Go figure...

No comments:

Post a Comment