Thursday 14 August 2014

9/7/2011 Lilygun @ the Water Rats

SubjectLilygun @ the Water Rats
DateCreated7/13/2011 2:39:00 PM

Saturday night and I'm off to the Water Rats - one of the easiest venues to get to for me. They are bashing the place about inside - if they are making improvements then I hope they do something about the stinky toilets. I'm not holding my breath - although I want to when I go for a piss. 
Once again the real ale pumps are out of use - something else the management could improve if they could be bothered... 

I'm here to see the new and improved Lilygun - not that there was anything wrong with the old Lilygun.

Since I last saw the band the guitarist and bass player have changed.

The essential formula of the band is unchanged, but this is definitely a leaner harder rocking machine now. 

One thing that hasn't changed is singer Anna-Christina who stalks the stage with cat-like grace - but beware - she has claws!

The music is dark and brooding, without falling into the usual Goth stereotypes.  Influences seem to range from Glam to grunge and back again, but Lilygun are impossible to pigeonhole - sombre yet striking.

The new lineup of the band is heavier and more dynamic, it will be interesting to see where this takes them on the forthcoming album...

No comments:

Post a Comment