Monday 11 August 2014

20/3/2011 Sun Circus @ Boston Arms Music Room

SubjectSun Circus @ Boston Arms Music Room
DateCreated3/22/2011 2:31:00 PM

I find myself back in Tufnell Park again - I guess I'm going to be ending up at the Boston Arms Music Room more often since regular haunt The Gaff closed it's doors earlier this year. Myself and a load of the usual suspects are here to see the first ever gig by new band Sun Circus.

Not having heard any of their music as they haven't yet recorded anything, I'm not too sure what to expect. I end up being pleasantly surprised. Knowing bassist Andy has good taste in music makes me think this will probably rock - and it does! Hard rock and punk appear to be the main influences, with elements of the Wildhearts and Hanoi Rocks as well. The Scandinavian influence is underlined by a rather good D.A.D. cover - very well received by some elements in the audience!

The band play with energy and enthusiasm - and the songs aren't bad either. Considering it was their first gig, it certainly didn't show and I think the band did really well. Their set isn't that long as they haven't written many songs yet, but I enjoy it and will definitely be going to see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment