Sunday 17 August 2014

22/9/2011 Warrior Soul @ The Underworld

SubjectWarrior Soul @ The Underworld
DateCreated11/1/2011 3:56:00 PM

The last gig I went to was at one of my current favourite venues, but tonight I'm at one of my least favourite ones - The Underworld with it's stinky toilets, overpriced bar, and less than friendly security trying to throw you out a couple of minutes after the band have finished. 
Warrior Soul have ensured the place is pretty full, making it an even less pleasant place to spend any time. At well over £4 a pint I resolve not to spend any money at the bar downstairs - it's cheaper to nip upstairs to the pub between bands and you can get a better pint up there. 

The band's lineup has changed and bassist Janne Jarvis has now gone - however. Kory Clark has ensured he still has a cracking band behind him.

That roar of a voice is in good shape and Kory is in fine form.

Most the songs you'd expect like 'The Drug' get an airing tonight, but for a while I'm worried that they aren't going to play 'Wasteland' - fortunately it's saved for the encore.

Kory Clarke remains one of the better frontmen out there with his 'larger than life' personality - always providing an entertaining show and great value for money. I just hope next time Warrior Soul hit town it's in a better venue.

No comments:

Post a Comment