Saturday 26 April 2014

1/2/2008 JOANovARC @ the Borderline

SubjectJOANovARC @ the Borderline
PostedDate2/1/2008

Only last night, I saw an an ex-member of the Suffrajets play her first gig with the band she has just joined - tonight I see two more ex-Suffrajets playing in a venue only yards away from last night's gig - their band also featuring a new member. In another coincidence, tonight's show is at the Borderline - the venue where I first saw the Suffrajets a few years ago when they supported Girlschool.

I haven't seen JOANovARC for a few months now so I'm looking forward to seeing them again, but unfortunately their early stage time combined with various things taking longer than expected late in the afternoon prevents me from getting there early enough to see the whole set. 
What I do see is well up to the girls usual very high standard of performance - this band don't seem to turn in less than excellent performances. Ever.
This is I think only the band's second show as a four piece - the previous 'power trio' lineup now being boosted with the addition of new girl Luita on rhythm guitar.
The sound mix tonight doesn't give us much of a chance to hear what she can do, but I'm sure the girls wouldn't have added her to the band unless they thought she was pretty good. It will be interesting to see how the sound of the band fills out at future gigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment