Tuesday 10 June 2014

28/11/2008 Fabulous Feedback Band @ The Real Music Club

SubjectFabulous Feedback Band @ The Real Music Club
PostedDate11/28/2008

I don't usually mention cover bands in my blogs, but I've known these guys for over ten years and they are the best cover band I've ever seen. Seriously. Actually, since the music scene in Barnet virtually died a death I don't often see cover bands at all these days - or original bands locally as there is nowhere left for them to play anymore.  But things are changing...

Since their recent surprisingly well attended midweek (and we all know no one goes out on a 'school night' to see a cover band) gig at the Real Music Club in Whetstone the Fabulous Feedback Band have been booked again - this time for a Friday night. Unfortunately, they have dropped nearly all the rock stuff from their set these days and gone very Xfm/indie - but to do throw in a rather good 'Won't Get Fooled Again' tonight. 

Yes, it's just pics from my phone again - probably my 2nd worst ever (see previous Airbourne blog for the worst). The place is well attended - and unusually for a music venue it's bright and clean. 

For some bizarre reason only known to himself, guitarist Sean (above left) has just grown a beard. People who know him would realise instantly that this is very wrong! Maybe he's auditioning for a Kings Of Leon tribute band? Someone should have a word...

I've been to this rather good new venue several times, but this it the first time I've seen a lot of people dancing. This is one of those very entertaining bands who make sure you have a good time even if you're not that into the style of most the music they play. However, they do so some way towards making amends for the indie overload by knocking out a great version of 'Highway To Hell' to finish off their set! 

It's good to finally have a decent local venue - the stage and PA setup puts most well known Camden club venues to shame. I also discover a real ale pump on the bar which I never noticed on my previous visits - maybe it's new? Pity I didn't notice it until late in the evening. I'm keen to sample the Green King IPA from this device, but when I ask for a pint I find they've run out!  Oh well - hope they have plenty in stock for my next visit...

It looks like friday nights in this North London venue are going to be cover bands, but original bands are getting a chance at a (currently monthly) club on monday nights - so if you are in a band it might be worth checking this out.  The place has had quite a lot of money spent on it and deserves to do well - if only people can be persuaded to go to a venue that isn't in Camden - it's actually quite easy to get to if people can be bothered. 
After going through various changes of name/management/music policy this venue is now closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment