Thursday 19 June 2014

23/12/2008 Cherry Brakewells @ The Fly

SubjectCherry Brakewells @ The Fly
PostedDate12/23/2008

It's only them Cherry Brakewells again innit! It's hard finding new things to say when you keep writing about the same bands quite often. It's guess maybe that where being a good writer would help? I won't be giving up my day job quite yet then...

Yes, my regular readers will have noticed that these girls have been cropping up in my blogs quite a few times recently. I make no apologies for that. I like them a lot. Deal with it.

Yes, they are girls - and they're hot.  But there are quite a few other bands out there with hot girls in them. The thing is, very few of them are anything like as good as this lot. If you actually hear them play live then you'll know exactly what I mean. They sound great! And that is why I keep going to see them. Sure, I like bands with girls in them - as long as they sound good and play well. The Cherry Brakewells tick all the boxes.

It has been commented on that I seem to go and see a lot of girl bands. The bands I go back to see again, I see again because they are good bands - it's as simple as that. It doesn't matter if a band has girls in it or not - I just go to see most of them because they have something a bit special which makes them stand out from all the other bands out there. It might be because they have great songs, or they might be great performers with that extra bit or charisma and stage presence - they might just sound really good. If they happen to look good too then that's just the icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned. 

The thing is with the Cherry Brakewells, the icing is nice - but the cake is great too!  So these tasty treats are going to be featuring in my blogs plenty more in 2009 - whether you like it or not. Along with some other girl bands or bands featuring girls. Deal with it. 

Anyway, I'm not going to bore you by telling you what they sound like again. They just sound bloody great OK? Go and have a listen on their MySpace page or have a listen to all songs on their album on their website - you can listen without having to buy anything.  But really, it doesn't give you any idea how good they are live - that's where this band really shines. 
This venue later became 'The Bowery'.

No comments:

Post a Comment