Tuesday 14 October 2014

25/7/2014 Earth Prayer @ Big Red

I can't remember too much about this night to be honest. A free gig at the only cool place left in Holloway Road since we lost The Gaff and Nambucca - Newcastle Brown Ale at reasonable prices means I probably sunk a few.... I seem to remember meeting my old bandmate Dave Veal and discussing old times in this area where I used to spend a lot of time once, and also talking about another old local band of his which I now seem to be playing bass with, but that's another story...

I used to be at Big Red all the time several years ago when there was more of a happening scene on the Holloway Road, and I lived almost next door to a station on the same tube line so it was really easy to get to and get a night bus home. I don't go there so often now as it's not such a convenient stop on the way home from gigs.

Earth Prayer are the main reason for me being at Big Red on this Friday night - it's virtually as cheap to see a good band down Holloway Road as see a lacklustre cover band in a local pub - not that there's usually any bands playing in Barnet on a Friday night these days.
It's the third time I've seen this band in a few months, but they play well and have good stage presence as they blast out their mainly 60's/70's influenced rock and are well worth seeing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment