Friday 28 June 2019

28/6/2019 The Hip Priests @ The Hope & Anchor

I find myself back at the Hope & Anchor for the second time this month. This time I'm here to see one of the most intense rock 'n' roll bands I've seen in recent times. Although I've known about them for several years since first hearing their song 'Zero Fucks Given', it wasn't until Camden Rocks Festival this year that I finally got to see them. They were every bit as great as I hoped they would be, so here I am to see them at their own headline show. Maximum 'in your face' rock 'n' roll is what we get tonight. This band is the real deal - they don't travel all the way from their home in Nottingham to piss about! Imagine if The Stooges bumped into MC5 down a dark alley - then Motörhead (the Würzel/Campbell twin guitar lineup) walked round the corner?

The Hip Priests are 'The most prolific band you've probably never heard of' and tonight they and their loyal legion of fans bring their 'Full tilt bullshit' to London town and are taking no prisoners.  Their singer is in your face and full of snotty punk attitude, the guitars are set on 'Stun' - shapes are thrown and fuses are blown. This is a rock 'n' roll show! Songs like 'Shit Island', 'Motherfucker Superior', and 'Jesus Died So we Could Ride', 'Survival Of The Shittest' - and of course 'Zero Fuck's Given' blast through the speakers. No quarter is given - or expected. This is living proof that 'Nice Boy Don't Play Rock & Roll'.

Sorry - no pictures. I'm not sure why but I couldn't find any.

No comments:

Post a Comment