Thursday 21 March 2024

A little pick-me-up when I got home from work.

Got home from work nearly half an hour late today due to getting stuck in a jam on the M25 caused by an accident. Getting more and more depressed as time dragged on, but at least I knew someone or maybe a few someones on the motorway were having a much worse day than me - there is always someone worse off than yourself.

Got home eventually and felt the need to cheer myself up a bit as my plans for my evening at home had been pushed back by half and hour and I had a few things to get done. During my workout I decided to have a Bloody Mary - just the one though - slippery slope...

I have found recently that a single one of these can really perk me up before my evening meal. And I have also noticed that what I eat after a Bloody Mary seems to be noticeably enhanced in taste - is this normal or is it just me? I had one before eating jerk chicken a couple of days ago and I'm sure I enjoyed even more than usual as a result - I felt great afterwards! Tonight was a meat feast pizza - which I also particularly enjoyed. I shall have to experiment more to see if I find all foods are enhanced if preceded by a Bloody Mary - maybe even more mediocre dishes?

Anyway, I found a Bloody Mary and a good pizza an excellent remedy for impending mild depression. I'm sure this won't work for everybody though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment