Saturday 25 December 2021

Christmas. Or not...

Got all the cards and presents sorted out on Christmas Eve. Got up in the morning on Christmas Day and had a lighter breakfast than normal to leave room for Christmas dinner later. Before leaving for my sister's place for family times with people I hadn't seen since the summer and also the much anticipated Christmas dinner I took a Lateral Flow Test as a precaution as everybody else had taken one and tested negative. Guess what? Although I had woken up with the lightest of sore throats - not even sore, just ever so slightly rough and felt quite normal otherwise my test came up positive. Just my luck after having two Pfizer jabs and a Moderna booster as well as the flu jab - what perfect timing!

So for me at least, Christmas is cancelled. I have to stay at home on my own and isolate. Last year due to the Covid-19 restrictions I had to spend Christmas Day on my own for the first time in my life. Not great, but it was expected and I had time to prepare: A 'Socially Distanced' doorstep exchange of presents was arranged at my sister's house so at least everyone got their presents, and I bought in some seasonal provisions so that I could at least arrange a 'Christmas Dinner' of sorts for myself at home. Not great, but it could have been worse. This year it actually was worse  - no presents given or received as I couldn't leave home or meet anyone. And no Christmas dinner or food of any sort as I hadn't got any when I did my usual weekly shop the previous day as I was expecting Christmas Dinner at my sister's as usual. So no chocolate, cheese, and hardly any booze as I sit here on my own for at least a week. It doesn't feel much like Christmas at all.

Still, at least I should have some time now to work on some more backdated posts about gigs - I'm still over two years behind. Keep scrolling down past my other more recent rants...

No comments:

Post a Comment