Saturday, 18 May 2024

18/5/2024 Denizens + ? + Cato Street Conspiracy + Loudmouth @ Hope & Anchor

Saturday night and I'm back at the Hope & Anchor for the second time in two weeks. And why not as it's usually a very reasonable ticket price along with bar prices to match? Tonight's punk themed show kicks off with Northern oiks Loudmouth.

Just what it says on the tin, but decent musicians making a tight and punchy punk style racket. Well done lads.

Next up are Cato Street Conspiracy. I'm a bit confused - I think I may have mixed them up with a band I've seen in the past managed by an old friend of mine (hello Joe) called Caffeine Conspiracy who were a bit like The Wildhearts. This is not that band.

Good solid sound from these guys - heavy with a punk edge, but not a lot of stage presence.

Next (nearly) was the headliners. Denizens are definitely worthy of that title tonight. A bit more attitude than the previous band
More aggressive vocals, but without taking the easy but all too common route these days of resorting the screaming or shouting. I hate all that fashionable fake 'anger' and 'emotion' from so many modern rock vocalists, but this sounds more genuine and convincing.
Denizens do more than any of the other bands tonight to get your attention bring you into their world without resorting to unnecessary drama. They are worthy of your attention.
Oh yes, there was actually another band on just before the headliners. I didn't get any pictures of them as I was otherwise engaged. 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment