Tuesday 5 August 2014

21/8/2010 Toxic Slut @ the 12 Bar Club

SubjectToxic Slut @ the 12 Bar Club
PostedDate8/21/2010

My plan for Saturday night is very similar to Friday - get to two gigs in one night. It
looks easy enough on paper: Skintight Jaguars are always supporting other bands
and usually go on first, and it doesn't take long to get from The Gaff to the
12 Bar Club where Toxic Slut are due on stage at 10.00. However, when I arrive
at The Gaff I find that the Jags aren't on first for once!  There's already a band
playing, and there's another to follow before Skintight Jaguars hit the stage.  I
take a chance that things will be running late (as usual) at the 12 Bar Club and I
hang on till after ten, but the band on before the Jags still haven't even finished
playing.  Decision time. I've already seen Skintight Jaguars several times this
year and they play fairly regularly in the area. Toxic Slut on the other hand, haven't
played a single show for about two years! I'm out of The Gaff - one good thing
being that at least I don't have to use the venue's disgusting toilet at all tonight! 

I arrive at the 12 Bar Club to find Toxic Slut already 3 songs into a surprisingly
long (by their standards) set - could have been worse.

This band and their sleazy brand of punky rock 'n' roll are always good fun - and
tonight is no exception! 

The band also throw in a few covers, including songs by the Quireboys, Judas
Priest, and the Ramones.

Lets hope Toxic Slut don't leave it another two years before their next gig. I don't think they will though, as their is talk of a '10th Anniversary Tour' next year, and later this year a date with Girls On Top at the Dublin Castle - which will be a real sleaze-fest! 

No comments:

Post a Comment