Thursday 12 September 2024

R.I.P. Robin Guy

R.I.P. Robin Guy. This one hits hard, but not like how hard he hit his drums. Robin was an amazing drummer, and by far the best showman I have ever seen behind a drum kit. He was also a really lovely man - as anyone who ever met him would testify. Helpful and always friendly. Although I was never lucky enough to play with him myself, many of my friends did over the years, and Robin made every performance a special and memorable one. I can't claim to have known Robin very well, but he always remembered me when we met even it we hadn't seen each other for years and his smile and greeting was always warm and genuine - not a showbiz 'sunshine smile' as often found in the music business.

I am shocked and deeply saddened this evening to hear of his passing. Robin will be greatly missed by a huge number of people in our scene - his family, friends, and countless musicians famous and less so, and of course his band mates who I know will be absolutely devastated. Robin will leave a massive hole behind, but also all the memories of the good times - of which there were many. Rest in peace my friend - our world of rock was a much better place for you being in it.

🥁😍

No comments:

Post a Comment