Saturday 15 April 2023

15/4/2023 Electrics @ The Spice Of Life

Saturday night finds me heading down to the Spice of Life for the second time this year - to see the same band. Low door tax, four bands, and real ale at a reasonable price in the downstairs bar where the bands play - what's not to like?

I missed Hoaxes who were first band on. Fortunately I was in time to see 🗲Electrics🗲 on next.

I am getting to quite like their brand of NYC influenced rock 'n' roll. Sax player Nat returns for this gig to add some flavour to the sound. Jenny is back on bass as well to liven things up!
Next up we have Taurus Trakker. I first saw this band a few years ago at The Rhythm Factory in Whitechapel - a venue since closed.
I was impressed by the band back then, but they seemed to have slipped off my radar until recently.
They are a pretty good stripped down no frills rock 'n' roll band who turn in a spirited performance. I hope to see them again soon...
Last band of the evening is the Boomsticks - a good name, but sadly I can't remember anything else about them as I write this over a year later.
The guitarist has a distinctive look and seems to give a performance that intends to get the audience involved...
...but I head back upstairs to the main bar and then off to the BrewDog within sight of the Spice of Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment