Saturday 28 May 2022

28/5/2022 Bike Shed Motorcycle Show part 1: No pictures of bikes...

I really enjoyed the Bike Shed Motorcycle Show in 2119, but due to Covid-19 there hasn't been one since. Until now. As one ticket allows you to go to the show multiple times over the weekend, and the fact that my transport situation has changed since 2019 I decided to go on Saturday and again on Sunday. On the Saturday there was a gig (also in East London) that I also wanted to go to - so for this reason it made sense to use public transport, and then I could have a few beers at the gig later. I also got to use some the brand new Elizabeth Line (Crossrail) which has been open for less than a week - huge new stations and the trains seem about a mile long! Also, 'cos I'm a big kid at heart I wanted to make the last part of the journey to Shadwell on the DLR - so I could sit at the front of the train and pretend to be the driver! Yes, this is still a bit of a novelty to be as I don't get a chance to do it very often - or at all for the last three years due to Covid restrictions. I make no apologies for my behaviour - I wanted to be a train driver when I was a kid. Then on Sunday I planned to actually go to the show on a motorcycle - which I couldn't do last time as my bike had been stolen the previous December and I didn't think I would be able to get another one.

So, I arrived as planned after pretending I was driving the DLR train. The bike show was excellent as expected with many interesting machines on display. It is basically a custom bike show rather than a trade show trying to sell new bikes, so there are many weird and wonderful motorcycles on display - some are interesting from an engineering point of view, while some are literally works of art. However, I decided to avoid taking any bike pictures until Sunday to avoid any duplication. As this event being organised by the Bike Shed there is lots of other cool stuff going on too - you can get a tattoo, get your hair done, buy bike clothing, get a wide variety of street food, enjoy a drink at the bar or other beer outlet, or catch some live music.

Most of the acts were a little too 'Country', acoustic, or 'Americana' (I can't stand that made up bullshit term) for my taste, but Logan J. Parker managed to get my attention.
Imagine Amy Winehouse, but with a guitar and playing more blues influenced stuff, with maybe a little funk and country thrown in.
Logan is a natural and relaxed performer, and her band are good musicians although I'd prefer to see her with a more rockin' band. However, I will be seeing another blonde with a guitar and a much harder rocking band elsewhere in East London later - so this is something different to relax to before I head to the Bike Show's 'pub' for a beer before getting on the train to tonight's gig in Stratford...


No comments:

Post a Comment